Reading options: An ascetic, Earth's first couple and the Universe.



How the big reading lists makes me feel. 




I have to admit, I did initially get lost in the sea of reading options on the untextbook but the choices were really easy to make? Why? Because I saw some names I was curious about and wanted to read up on them since forever.

The first name on my list is Siddarth (aka Buddha which I think was his title and not his actual name I guess I'll find out in the story). I've been interested in him (and asceticism) for a while, and I've seen his statues in too many museums too mention. I kind of connect with his preached ideology of keeping a (literal) distance from materialism. If that distance is not kept, I feel we start to get possessed by our possessions (instead of the other way round).  So, my first pick is Buddha: nice and easy.

My second pick (I feel like I'm drafting players for the NBA lol) are: Adam and Eve. I've been curious about the Biblical version of Adam and Eve for a long-time, so this pick was easy too.

For my third pick, since I don't want to drown in my own interests, I will let the universe decide my third-option: I will close my eyes put my finger on the screen (where the units are) and scroll randomly until I feel like stopping and wherever my finger lands that's what my unit is...okay...here we go....

The universe just made a pick, and it was "Celtic Fairy Tales II"...it's strange how I was just mentioning the NBA and my final pick had to be synonymous with an NBA team (Boston Celtics lol)...I guess this is what differentiates randomness from fate..





































Fate picked

Comments

  1. Ha ha, it's Survivor Kitteh! That's how I felt when I finished making the UnTextbook. It's one of the most fun summers I ever had. I did the Adam & Eve unit last week, and got to enjoy it all over again!
    Did you do the thing from Week 1 about browsing the Storybooks? That has kind of the same effect: SO MUCH STUFF. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, how long did it take you to make the reading list? The entire summer? I think I did it browse the storybooks...I was actually writing down some feedback for you on my own course experience so far...I'll send that to you once I'm past week 4 tho..I think week 2 is a bit too early...I'm making notes of some 'pain points' which I faced..when you do get my feedback just know that it comes from a good place please...I might go into ranting mode but know it comes from a REALLY good place..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Place: Istanbul