Favorite Place: Istanbul




 My favorite place till now has to be Istanbul. Why? Because that's where we took our first family vacation after 11 (odd) years. I discovered a lot during that trip: boat rides are fun, beneath all our different languages people are the same and Richard Feynam (his book was on a book-shelf in Cappadocia (a hill station in Turkey (is using brackets inside brackets legal?)). His writing spoke to me so much, I took a picture of his book (you can find that picture below as well) to remind myself to get it when I got back home. Sadly, I could never find it when I got back home. But maybe I didn't look hard enough. I think I'll try again..



Photo credit: My iPhone 5s :)


Photo credit: My iPhone 5s yet again :)


Comments

  1. Istanbul is BEAUTIFUL, Wasi: one of my favorites. The perfect skyline. And I love this Richard Feynman connection! Have you seen this great film: Genghis Blues trailer ...? Feynman was going to go on the journey with them; he didn't get to go, but you know he would have had a good time if he did! (He played the drums: Feyman's bongos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this Laura...I didn't know Feynman had a thing for percussions..thanks for the sharing! My favourite Feynman video has to be this tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZjNJy9RJks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading options: An ascetic, Earth's first couple and the Universe.